For all good reasons, breast augmentation is amongst the most sought-after procedures in the plastic industry.
Patients who are thinking about getting breast implants have several options. Although these choices aren\’t very difficult, having a basic understanding of them will help you navigate the process and select the best course of action.
Therefore, we are discussing breast augmentation and its types in this article to give you a basic understanding.
What is breast augmentation surgery?
Breast augmentation is a common surgical procedure performed to increase the size and shape of your breasts. This cosmetic surgery uses breast implants or fat transfer to increase the breast\’s size and shape.
It is also known as augmentation mammoplasty or a \”boob job\” in simple terms.
What are the types of breast augmentation?
Breast implants and fat transfer are the two primary types of breast augmentation. One can choose several options under these two categories based on how they want their breasts to look and feel.
Breast implants are effective for women unhappy with the fullness of their breasts or women with uneven breast size (due to genetics or mastectomy). The placement of breasts requires a surgical procedure typically performed under IV sedation.
Not always breast implants are placed to increase the size, but also to reshape. The various breast implants option include:
- Saline breast implants: Saline implants are filled with sterile salt water. They are usually put into the breast empty and filled when in place.
- Structured saline breast implants: These implants are filled with sterile saline and have an inner structure helping the implant feel more natural.
- Silicone breast implants: these implants are made with silicone gel filling. If the implants were to break, the gel could stay within its shell or leak into your breast. If you get silicone implants, you may have to visit your surgeon often to ensure your implants are working perfectly.
- Round breast implants: these implants mostly make breasts look fuller, and because they are round all over – they do not typically change the look of your breasts if they rotate out of place.
- Smooth breast implants: these implants are softer than other implants. Smooth implants are known to make breast movement look more natural than others.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
The Fat transfer breast augmentation uses your body fat to enlarge your breasts. Your surgeon will take fat from another area of your body using liposuction and then inject the fat into your breasts.
Fat transfer is for those who want a relatively small enlargement in their breast size. Your surgeon will usually take fat from the following areas:
- Flanks (the sides and lower back of your abdomen)
- Your back
Breast augmentation is typically a one-time treatment with long-lasting results. However, it is important to remember that breast implants are not meant to be permanent and may eventually need to be replaced or removed at some point in future.
Breast augmentation before and after
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Breast augmentation surgery requires a lot of preparation and post-surgery recovery. Like any surgery, it is crucial to listen to your doctor\’s advice and take care of your body to get the best outcome.
Recovery time can vary for every woman. Various factors such as implant size, type, placement and doctor can affect recovery time. The full recovery takes at least four to six weeks on average.
It is advised to avoid any physical activity or lifting heavy objects during the recovery period.
There are two primary types of breast augmentation: Breast implants and Fat transfer. Those who want to increase their breast size or reshape them can opt for one of these procedures after consulting with a surgeon.
If you are considering getting breast augmentation, it is essential to talk about your expectations and worries with your plastic surgeon, who can better explain the pros and cons of the procedure.
1. What is the cost of breast augmentation in India?
In India, breast augmentation typically costs around 1 00,000 to 1, 50,000 INR.
2. What is the difference between Breast Augmentation and Reconstruction?
Breast reconstruction is frequently done to restore function and a normal appearance following either cancer surgery or in the setting of a birth difference. Breast augmentation operations are meant to boost your current breast volume.
3. What is the Procedure for Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction often referred to as reduction mammaplasty, is a surgical technique that involves reducing too much breast skin, fat, and tissue.